The insulation and airtightness of building fabrics are improving to such a degree that air infiltration can no longer create and sustain a healthy IAQ in the occupied rooms and purposed-provided ventilation is now required to do that. Purpose-provided ventilation in new dwellings often means central, mechanical ventilation systems with energy recovery, which need ductwork systems to distribute air.
A time-saving mass flow ductwork solution.
Mass flow (relatively large diameter) ductwork is used to displace air between central mechanical ventilation units and roof and wall terminals and distribution boxes and it often needs to be insulated to minimise energy transfer/loss and the risk of condensation on or inside the duct.
Ubbink’s Aerfoam is a time-saving mass flow ductwork solution because it is pre-insulated and extremely easy, quick and safe to install. It is light, pliable, can be cut with a knife and it uses air- and watertight mechanical connections, which means that the various components don’t need to be screwed, glued or taped.
- is (pre)insulated.
- is manufactured from EPE, which is light, pliable and can be cut with a knife = easy, quick and safe installation, even for inexperienced installers.
- has an extremely smooth, non-porous inner surface, which minimises system pressure drop = minimal fan energy use and sound production.
- uses air- and watertight mechanical connections, which deliver class ATC 2 airtightness up to 200Pa and in turn minimise system pressure drop = minimal fan energy use and sound production. The various components don’t need to be screwed, glued or taped and every connection delivers the same airtightness performance, even for inexperienced installers.
A complete solution.
Aerfoam is a complete pre-insulated mass flow ductwork system and is available in the following internal diameters (mm): 125, 150, 160, 180 and 200:
- 125: duct (2m), 45° and 90° bends, T-piece, connector, wall-bracket
- 150: duct (2m), 15°, 30°, 45° and 90° bends, Y-piece, connector, wall-bracket
- 160: duct (2m), 15°, 30°, 45° and 90° bends, T-piece, connector, wall-bracket
- 180: duct (2m), 15°, 30°, 45° and 90° bends, Y-piece, connector, wall-bracket
- 200: duct (2m), 45° and 90° bends, connector, wall-bracket
A universal insulated mass flow ductwork system.
Aerfoam is a universal insulated mass flow ductwork system. It can be used with nearly every central, mechanical ventilation unit in nearly every residential building and construction type; from single-family houses to multi-family buildings, from concrete to timber frame, from prefab to onsite construction.
Aerfoam is just one component of a residential ventilation ductwork system and can be combined with Ubbink’s other premium brands:
Do you have a question about our solutions, our product portfolio or are you interested in becoming one of our international business partners? Please contact us, we will be happy to help you.Contact us